Today I was looking through my 2009 blog posts and found this post.
There were my New Year resolutions and I wanted to see which ones I was able to keep..Lol :)))
– Become a better photographer every single day. I’m sure my families and couples are better judges of that. 🙂 I did my very best trying to produce the most wonderful images for them to cherish and I’m hoping I succeeded a bit. :))
– Learn something new about lighting, posing, composition ..FUN stuff every day! – hell yeah it was fun!!! I couldn’t wish for a better year! I have attended a very awesome seminar hosted by an award winning top 10 wedding photographer Chris Becker – a mind blowing event that really got me thinking. There’s a couple of photography forums that I highly recommend: the [b] school, POTN, Photography Schoolhouse, DPS – Digital Photography School. There are some fantastic resources for photographers t gain knowledge and network.
– Less PC, more books. I actually made an effort to borrow books from the library this year after realizing membership lapsed like over 1,5 years ago. Oops. After reading a few Russian novels I entered the world of….TWILIGHT series by Stephanie Meyer. I read all 4 books in just a few weeks and wish she had written more Twilight sequels! My friends are making fun of my new passion – the Edward/Bella story but I don’t care..:)))) All I can say – great books, awesome first two movies (I can’t wait for the Eclipse to come out this June) and a beautiful love story.
– Blog at least several times a week. – DONE! :)) I have done 3 blog posts a week on average (if my mad math skills don’t fail me lol :)) and really enjoyed it! Blogging is fun!!
– Spend more time with my family. I’m almost there but not quite yet. My mom has come to visit us from Russia and we’ve done a whole bunch of fun things together – like I signed her up for membership at Goodlife Fitness and we jam together! 🙂 We go to the movies and shopping, she’s truly one of my best friends! Tim has started kindergarten last September and I love doing little school projects with him.
– Be happy with what a new day brings. With my busy schedule I am really learning to appreciate the little things in life (like a cup of hot coffee in the morning when we have no heat in the apartment, haha :)), or getting the fireplace going and just sitting in front of it with my family talking about everything. Love those moments.
– Start gym again. SCORE! I`ve been going to my favourite gym Goodlife Fitness faithfully with my mom and we are enjoying it a lot! We have some amazing instructors – Elaine, Erin, Mel, Denisa, Emmy, Ali, you guys rock!!
– Get a new body (I`m talking about a camera body, what were you thinking? :)). I got a Canon 7D about a month ago and I just love this camera!! It`s truly great, and it has expanded my photo possibilities.
Now I have to start thinking about my goals and resolutions for this year. :))
And since every blog post is better with a photo – here`s a picture of Tim and my mom taken a couple of days ago when we were on the way to Kananaskis:
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!